Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why don*t you blog?

When I run into friends who have been reading my reflections for awhile, they often say:  I love the duck series.  I never think I*m writing a series of anything.  Of course, like all who write, there are particular things which grab my attention on a particular day.  I have a particular flock of ducks I can see out my back window.

Like preachers who have particular themes (one of  my preaching themes used to be: Openness... now that I think of it, maybe it still is :) ), poets/reflectionists (I just made that up) also have themes.  So even as I write fresh reflections every day, of course they are related to the ones that have gone before.  

Blessings on your day!

Why don*t you blog?
She said
You have plenty of material written
For a blog.

I write what is given
For the day.
I used to send it out.
Now I post it.
It really feels not so in your face.
I am still a Minnesota girl
Even though I haven*t lived there
For 34 years.
Imposition is the height of arrogance
In Minnesota.
As for plenty to draw from:
The material from a month ago,
A year ago,
Five years ago,
Is not what I have been given
For the day.
It seems a form of catch and release.
I release
Fresh poems.

That said,
I*m sure these reflections
Are related
To the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment