Thursday, May 5, 2011

Appointment

Awhile ago now, my spiritual director told me that the dreams and awarenesses I had at night would begin coming during waking hours.  Well, they have.  What he didn*t tell me was that I would continue getting them at night.  Today I make the appointments for the repeat MRI and the June neurologist visit.  I have other appointments to keep as well.  

It seems everyone and everything does.

All night I dreamed of God.
He spoke to everyone.
Everyone listened in her own way,
In his own way.
No person
Was left alone.
No one
Was left outside the words.
In my dream the plants were greener
Even the stones
Paid attention.
In my dream the homeless man
On the street corner,
The one I have passed many times,
Even he
Had made an appointment
With God,
So he could hear specifically
What God had in mind.
He said God wished to speak with him
At 10 PM.
He said he would keep
The appointment.
All night
God
Everyone
Everything.
I woke up and knew
I had an appointment to keep.
So I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment