Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Judgment Day

So this is a conundrum.  Do I correct the reflections I wrote before I conflated Judgment Day and the End of the World?  I won*t.  It does make for interesting conversations.  I have a few colleagues who have said they will stick around, even if...  
It seems to me that if believing Christians are needed anywhere, it*s that time post-Judgment,  and pre-End of the World, in the time of earthquakes and tsunamis and volcanoes erupting everywhere...

It seems I had it wrong.
Saturday at 6 PM is only
Judgment Day.
The End of the World
Comes later.
Next October.
Trust me to equate the two.
No,
We*re told the particular period of time
Between Judgment Day
And the End of the World
Will be wild indeed.
It seems fit that I stick around
With my priest and therapist
Background.
I*ll have plenty of work
If I don*t get caught
In lava flows.
At least it will end before winter.
No need to plant the tulip bulbs
For spring.
No need to schedule the winter furnace check-up.
No need
To purchase a new supply
of sidewalk salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment