Sunday, June 26, 2011

Eagle*s Wings

On Eagle*s Wings seems to be one of those songs.  I like it, despite its difficult verses trying to work in all the syllables of the scripture.  It takes some learning and practice to do so.  A little like I am the Bread of Life... which a number of choir directors also hate (and I love).  So this morning it is Eagle*s Wings from the choir loft.  Off to practice.

I have been waiting to sing
All week.
Today the pickup choir sings
On Eagle*s Wings.
It is a song that choir directors everywhere
Hate,
Maybe only the ones who cut their milk teeth,
Trained their keyboard fingers
On the 18th Century.
But I have been waiting to sing this song
From the choir loft
All week.
When Mom died my sister said,
We could sing anything but Eagles*s Wings.

Today I will sing Eagles* Wings
For Mom,
My sister,
And choir directors everywhere.
I will sing that everyone
Will be Raised Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment