Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father*s Day

Today I think it*s not just the personality of the father or the mother, or the roles each has carved out for him or herself within the family.  There does seem to be a male/female distinctive about the way we celebrate.  As I write this Jeff is upstairs finding bicycle clothing, gently egged on by our daughter.   The day will end in ribs, which now that I think of it, has an Adam/Eve resonance to it (except eating (the ribs) and barbeque sauce had nothing to do with that occasion).  Vive la difference!

No matter the father or mother involved
The days are different
In themselves.
They can*t help
But be different.

Today involves
A list of things to do:
A bike seat to be fixed,
Followed by the father/daughter
bike ride;
The cartoon movie
Of a Wild West chameleon
To be seen;
Finally
Take-out ribs
To be eaten
Before collapse
Ensues.

In May I got flowers
And a nice lunch.
In the afternoon
I took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment