Monday, June 27, 2011

Rough places made smooth

Today with certified clean teeth, and near-certified clean carotid arteries, I vacuum the living room and clip flowers from the garden for the front table.


This afternoon I begin the CADC internship at Serenity House.  Another new beginning.  I run my tongue over my teeth and remember.

It is easier to keep things clean
Than do it all
From scratch
In the first place.

I have just returned from the dentist
With now clean teeth.
My tongue finds the rough places
Made smooth.
It is almost biblical.
I search for the right psalm
To quote.

I wait for the call
From the doctor.
If the technician is to be believed,
It promises to certify
My carotid arteries
Plaque-free,
The blood flow to my brain
Clear and free.

Today I begin again:
Clean teeth,
Clean arteries.
Clean slate.
I vacuum the living room,
Put flowers from the garden
On the front table.
My tongue finds the rough places
Made smooth.
I am reminded:
Today I begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment