Saturday, August 20, 2011

Decisions


I awoke this morning to take my daughter to cross country practice.  I am, after all, more of a morning person than my husband.  I*ll pick her up in few minutes.  With a head still cold-muddled, I will only make decisions which have no far-reaching consequences.  Of course, how I decide which decisions those are is up for grabs.  Corn and 7 AM and spot-cleaning seem safe enough.

It is the better part of sense
To make big decisions
When my head is clear
And things piece together
In a semblance of order.
Today is a day
For small decisions:
Where to buy sweet corn,
Who gets to drive the young woman
To cross country practice
At 7 AM,
 Divvying up the house for spot cleaning
Because our son stops through for the night
Tomorrow.
Today?
Small decisions.
Corn and 7 AM and spot cleaning,
An appointment at 2.
Definitely a nap
Before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment