Friday, August 19, 2011

Finally an end to the week


It*s finally the end of the week.  This week has been longer than others.  Some weeks, it seems, expand.  Add a cold and decongestants and switching roles and scenarios multiple times, and even knowing how and what to count becomes a challenge.  I declare this to be The End.  Tomorrow?  Something new.  Now I am finished with my first milkshake in weeks, and a nap beckons..

Finally it is the end of the week.
Of course it depends
On where I start counting
And what counts
As an end.
All week I reflected things back
To clients
Saw myself in their eyes
Mirrored.
All week we reflected each other
Until we couldn’t name
Where it started.
It seems this is empathy.
Finally it is Friday
Breakfast with a friend
Noon in the rowboat,
Safely docked by one o*clock, sharp.
Finally an end to the week
Only a glimmer to what next week
Will bring.
But now
An end,
A milkshake (vanilla),
And a nap.
That exact order

No comments:

Post a Comment