Friday, August 12, 2011

Halfway


I think of all the ways we count things in life.  What is halfway to full recovery?  To be fair, halfway and three-quarter homes have other official titles: Extended Care Homes and Recovery Homes.  To be fair, we are all in recovery from something and only God knows exactly how far each of us has come.  I think this is my last internship, but of course, God only knows.

Halfway done with internship
At the halfway house.
This is one of the few times
I can say
I*m exactly halfway there.
I like the way things are named
In recovery parlance:
Halfway, three-quarter.
I wonder about what a seven-eighths home
Would look like.
So often we don*t really know
When we*ve arrived
At the destination
And who has named it
Arrival.
For today I am halfway there
Soon the weekend
Then the second half
Begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment