Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More crumbs


Even the dogs eat the crumbs from under their master*s table.  The Canaanite woman has decided to move in with me this week.  In my office, at the halfway house.  She demands healing.

The Canaanite woman has decided
To inhabit my office.
Whenever I think I know
Who is mine to serve,
She shows up
Live and in person.
She lives and breathes,
Demands new possibilities.
She stands, sits, kneels before me.
She asks a lot of questions.
She smashes any neat order I have found.

At my internship site another intern says
Remember you are not being paid for this.
My husband has determined
He loves this other intern.

Even though it is a halfway house for men
Even though I am not being paid,
The Canaanite woman lives there too
She demands new possibilities.
She knows there is healing there.
She demands
That the Truth be spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment