Sunday, September 18, 2011

Debris

I am grateful for anointing today smack dab in the middle of the service.  Going to church this morning reminded me that recovery from the concussion will take a bit longer than a couple days.  Thanks to Jen for quoting Ian*s talk at the Story conference about God making creative use of the debris of our lives.  Yes.  Sometimes it takes a while to understand what that use will be, but I am grateful for a God of infinite creativity.

After the fall
There are wayward pieces;
They take a different way
Back home.
Still
The seizure and concussion came
In the company of friends,
My husband home from school.
I find myself among the debris,
Blessed and anointed
The scent of Chrism.
It reminds me that health can be found
Among the scattered parts.
The pieces sift in and out
Of place,
The aroma of Chrism
Holds them,
Sleep calls them together.
After the fall
Wayward pieces find a different way
Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment