Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The exact right assortment of people

I am blessed with good friends, and a good assortment of friends. I am truly blessed by their presence and perspective.  Yep.  Blessed.  I continue amazed at how God has the foreknowledge to line everyone up the way He does/the way She does.  Amazing.  The cat helps too.

God has sent
The exact right assortment of people
Into my life
At this time
Right now.
Only I can know how they all
Sort out.
I sit in the listener*s chair.
One sees the light in my eyes.
One has years of life
With a brain injury,
Tells me not to forget
To live,
To write.
One, no two, extol
The wonder and beauty
 Of naps.
My husband notes
I can next drive
On the Ides of March,
Auspicious day.
God has named
The exact right assortment
Of people,
A navy blue soft blanket
From the time before,
And the large grey tabby cat:
He reminds me
To sleep in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment