Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The List

Fall has officially started.  I am making lists.  I began color-coding the calendar again last night.  I only have one teenager and one husband.  And then of course there*s me.  I figure when I have to add myself to the list right next to the parmesan cheese, perhaps it*s time to breathe and pray and, now that the weather is cooler, hold a hot cup of something in my hands.

This morning is to breathe in
Moments of Sabbath left over
From the weekend.

I started to make lists
Yesterday.
Whenever the list includes
Apologies for not remembering
Everyone*s new schedule at once
Or
Whenever I add things like granular
Parmesan cheese
As item number two…

I know it is time
To breathe in moments
Of Sabbath.
Sabbath is not
For the list.
Sabbath requires
No list at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment