Thursday, September 29, 2011

My sister and Mary

It is not a surprise to me that my sister talks with Mary.  She is far from Roman Catholic or even Episcopalian, but how could she not pay attention when Mary comes on the scene with the scent of roses.  The smell lingers in the air even after she has gone.  Mary singing the Beatles Let it Be is mine.  It is probably what I need to hear.  And train whistles in the middle of the night.  My sister... gets roses.

My sister calls on Mother Mary.
She comes with roses
In the air.
Mary tells her what is right to do.
Like most of us,
Sometimes,
She does it.
All night I dream the Beatles
Let it Be
Mary speaking words of wisdom
Let it Be.
I hear the train whistles.
I remember my sister talks with Mary.
She comes with roses.
Mary tells my sister
It is time to visit her sister.
She will come by train
From Santa Fe.
Mary sings
Let it Be.
A lovely voice,
Contralto, I think,
Let it Be.
Of course I would hear the Beatles
And every train whistle
In the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment