Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More purple

I am watching the fall changes.  It seems the elderberry is more purple than when I planted it.  I don*t think it is really... but in contrast to other leaves around it, and maybe the fall light which comes in at a different angle, it looks more purple.  Different perspective, I think.  I will have to see what it does in the winter and spring.  Next year there may be fruit.

The elderberry bush has rooted firmly
In the garden bed 
next to the rhubarb.
Its leaves are more purple
This fall.
Of course It might be just the contrast
With the colors changing
Everywhere else.
It*s hard to know.
More purple than what?
More purple
Than what I remembered when I planted it
In early June?
I wonder when the leaves fall
Yellow and orange around it,
I wonder
Will it look greener somehow?
I wonder what it does
In winter:
Go underground and dormant
Like so much else?
It is my first year
With the elderberry.
I will need to wait to see
What happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment