Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday funnies

I was reminded in church this morning that we are a people who believe in healing.  I believe in healing.  It seems I believe it more for others.  The word came through a person I do not admire.  Of course it did.  And this evening it came through the Sunday funnies.  Of course it did.  It seems I need to learn this in stages.  It seems I need multiple lessons in grace.  It seems I need the whole grace curriculum.

I am in the blue chair again.
I reflect on helping to save the woolly bears yesterday.
Jeff is grading.
Sawyer is homeworking
If that is even a word.
I pick up the Sunday funnies.
I realize I can read them a little better
Than last week*s funnies.
I close my right eye and yes
My left eye is a little better,
Just a little better but still
Better.
It seems appropriate somehow
That I would notice
Through the Sunday funnies.
I think about the blind man
Jesus healed in stages.
First he saw trees walking
Then the whole picture emerged.
Of course it would come to me
Through the Sunday funnies:
Color pictures in the comics.
I want to knock on wood.
I want to wear my sunglasses.
I want to hold my breath.
Trees walking.
Right.
I want to know if there was something in particular
I was to learn.
I want to know if it will stay
If I have learned it.
I want to know if it will stay
If I haven*t.

No comments:

Post a Comment