Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happier

There are a number of Advent calendars out there which encourage random acts of kindness.  I admit I do get joy at buying coffee for the stranger behind me at the Starbucks drive-thru window on occasion, and I will continue doing this.  But... there are studies which show us happier at the end of the day when we connect, person to person.  Of course this always begs for me how happiness is measured.  I won*t go there right now, because it is true to my experience.  Yesterday was one of those days with several significant connections.  I was significantly happier at the end of the day, no matter the happiness scale.   The picture here is one that appeared on Facebook, with attribution to Grace Al-Isha.  It too makes me smile.

Studies show
We are happier at the end of the day
If we connect
With someone else.
Buy them a hamburger at McDonalds
Perhaps a cup of coffee.
Sit with them.
Look into their eyes,
Pay attention.

Studies show a check in the mail
Does not affect our level
Of happiness.

Studies show
It has nothing to do with money
At all.
Nope.
It*s connection.
We were meant to connect
With each other.
Really
It*s the time we spend.
Really
We are all happier
That way.
Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment