Saturday, December 3, 2011

Turns out this is about Advent too

No, I am not a baseball fan.  But I did have a series of dreams which seemed related and yet unresolved last night and this morning.  As I sit here drinking my morning coffee and getting my head around the day, I remember it is Advent after all.  It is about waking up and waiting. It is about paying attention.  The resolution is yet to come.

This morning I slept too long. 
I woke up and remembered snippets of
A kind of dream World Series,
Dream after dream after dream.
At game six somehow
It was tied.
I had already slept too long.
I didn*t stay in bed to attempt to find out
Who or what
Won.
Oddly I knew
There was at least one more dream waiting
To be slept through.
I woke up and knew
The resolution was yet to come
And
More sleep
Was not the answer.
The resolution was yet to come
And
It was time to get up.

I drink morning coffee
Out of my favorite ceramic cup,
Rough spots
Where the handle broke,
Warm in my hands.
I take my pills,
Begin to think about the day.

Awake!
Awake!!
Awake!!!
More sleep
Is not the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment