Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Who are you?

John invited everyone into the wilderness.  Naturally everyone thought he was the One they were waiting for.  Now that I*ve got you here (he said), let me tell you That One is coming.  It*s a promise.  It*s a hope.  He will be like everything you*ve thought He could be, and still more, I tell you.  He will be so much more.

Who are you?
Are you the one with the answer?
Are you the one who will solve
The problems of the world?
Tell me they are wrong.
Tell me I am right.
Tell me you are the Messiah
Who comes to set everything
Straight
In the wilderness.

I am not that one.

I am a voice.
I am an ear.
I am an eye.
I am feet and hands
To show the way.
I am the one
To open the curtain for the One
Who will come
As promised,
The One who will show you everything
You never knew
To ask for.
I am the one who lives in hope
That all may see
That One who is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment