Friday, February 24, 2012

February snow

This morning I am grateful for safe and warm and dry, looking at snow pictures out my window.  I am blessed.  Even as I look, I see the lady out back who feeds the ducks every winter morning, snow or not (and snow makes life more difficult for ducks).  I also know that snow makes life more difficult for those who have no regular safe and warm and dry as I do.  

From inside
It is gorgeous
White and thick.
From inside the warm and dry
I name it soft and fluffy
Even though I know
It isn*t.
From inside
I see the way
The snow lights up the world,
The morning.
I glimpse the lady
Again in red.
She stands in the middle
Of the ducks,
Flings corn.
From a distance
Even from a distance
The ducks look concerned
About their next meal.
From blessed inside
Warm dry inside
I note the light
The trees caked with frosting
I see it white and also wet.
There are many more than ducks
Who pray for warm and dry,
A quick melt,
No puddles,
The next meal spread
Before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment