Thursday, February 2, 2012

I always recognize the mourning dove

Social media: I*m learning a new one.  I know I am way behind a number of folk.  I just got a new cell phone.  The last one was four years old.  It is a simple thing compared to most.  Still, it is a few generations beyond the last, so it takes figuring out.  I like the bird clock, the mourning dove that coos at 7 AM and 7 PM as long as the battery lasts.  Now I am learning how to use Twitter, and tweet.  I have no idea how long this will take me.  Still, it is important to learn new music as we go.

The bird clock
Offers a different bird
On the hour.
I always recognize
The mourning dove.
The challenge for me today
Is to figure out
How to twitter and tweet.
There is whole new vocabulary
Here.
No mourning dove, just
New etiquette,
New ways to sing, to warble,
Way more than twelve different birds
On the face of the clock.
When I learned Facebook,
I had to go back to kindergarten,
Ask people to be my friends
All over again.
It got easier
With time.
I always recognize
The mourning dove.
She sings her song at seven
In the morning,
Seven at night.
I always recognize her
Even as I learn the new birds
In my life
Way more that twelve different birds
On the face of the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment