Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ready or not...

Maybe there are people who have it all figured out, who can name what they are doing or not doing for Lent long before Lent arrives.  Me?  I rarely know.  Some years I even figure it out after the fact.  I know people who give up chocolate or alcohol every year. I wonder if it makes a real difference other than: if I can*t have chocolate, it must be Lent.  

This year I am doing something a little different.  I am blogging Lent.  The priest part of me has a lot of ideas.  I have no idea how consistent it will be.  But there it is.  I expect it to start Ash Wednesday, maybe even Shrove Tuesday.  I expect it to last through Holy Week.  Then stop.  I have it set up as Consider this: Skip through Lent.  considerthisskipthroughlent.blogspot.com   If it seems like a helpful thing, join me there too.  If not, I will still be here at:  All will be well.  Period.  Because no matter how we do or don*t do Lent, Easter still comes.  God continues Wonderful.

I am not quite ready
For Lent to begin.
I rarely am.
The post Ash Wednesday plan
Of what to do
Or not to do,
The different ways to think or be,
Or not,
The several ways to prepare
For the Crucifixion
The Resurrection
As if there is anything
That could truly acknowledge
Such things;
As if preparation
Was entirely possible.
I am not quite ready
For ashes,
For Lent to begin.
Of course every year
I never am.
Every year I need the kick-start
The Ash Wednesday deadline.
Every year I am reminded
This is about way more
Than an absence
Of chocolate.
Every year I wonder what God
Will offer next.
I am not really ready for Lent
To begin.
No
Not ready, I tell you,
Not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment