Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Timing

As I think about temperatures in the 40s and 50s this week, I find the thought of early spring appealing.  This morning I heard about the warblers coming through early.  That appealed as well... until I heard about the possibility of them starving to death.  So much depends on timing.  This morning I am praying for warblers and bugs and timing.

The thought of an early spring
Appeals:
Warmth and sun
Early crocus, daffodils
Even forsythia shining
Sooner than expected.
This morning I heard about
The possibility of an early warbler
Migration.
They come through every year
At the same time,
A particular insect hatches
Just in time
To feed them.
This year they may not synch
With the insects.
An early spring appeals.
Still
Trees filled with hungry warblers
Does not.
The air filled with particular insects
With no bird to eat them
Does not appeal
Either.
I so often forget:
Timing has so many
Implications.

No comments:

Post a Comment