Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daffodils

I love it when it*s time for the dry-pack daffodils at the grocery.  I love cutting the ends, putting them in vases of water all over the house, then watching them open.  When I looked in Elburn (during internship), the grocery lady told they didn*t carry them because they don*t sell well there.  So sad.  I thought about being a daffodil evangelist in Elburn.  

The dry-pack daffodils opened over a day.
They have stayed four days
Full and yellow.
They trumpet spring
In the house
Whenever I walk through the door,
Sit in the chair,
Read or write or simply
Do nothing.
The cat chitters
In accompaniment,
Catching sight of robins
On the lawn.
I celebrate spring
In full wait and watch.
It comes without my knowing
What exactly
Comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment