Thursday, March 1, 2012

Driving again

I may not have to learn to drive, but I do need to learn to drive again.  It takes more concentration, particularly in weather like the rain and sleet at dusk last night.  Of course I thought it would be an easy run with my daughter to Panera for supper.  I already knew I would need my own driving chops again, until I will be able to supervise her driving.  I was not prepared for the difficulty driving at dusk in sleet last night.  Now is my time learning again to concentrate, to focus on different things from the driver*s side.  Alone.  Me and the car.  Learning each other again.

Like my daughter learning to drive
For time number one,
I search for my driving mind
Again.
I figure at least a week
In sun and rain and snow,
In various stages of dark and light,
Sun in my eyes,
Sun at my back.
It will take at least a week
Driving by myself.
I remember it takes time
Oh yes time
I remember it takes time
To get up to speed.
I have my license
And
It still takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment