Monday, March 12, 2012

Office at the mall

For this dream, in part, I blame Daylight Savings Time.  I*m sure I know the fruit lady receptionist from somewhere.  Beyond DST, however, I have always been called to serve on the edges of things.   It*s a life theme.  What better place to serve than at the mall, with the mass of humanity shopping for who knows what?   And rent for $100/month?  Who could resist?  Of course the office was near one of the entrances, right next to a nail salon.

In my dreams I opened a therapy office
At the mall.
Only $100 rent per month.
It came complete with a receptionist
Who had always worked there.
I believe the previous professional occupant
Offered massage.
The good kind.
I know where your mind was going.
The receptionist kept bowls of fruit
In the office refrigerator.
A guy from auto sales down the way
Stopped in before I could get anything
Set up.
He took a piece of fruit,
Made an appointment
For tomorrow.
I thought
Oh this will work then.
Before that,
I had my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment