Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring dreams

Something about this season of spring seems to grow the imagination, even the way we dream things possible.

At this rate the clematis
Should take over the front pillars
By early May.
Of course I will see
Whether this dream
Comes true.
With spring really here
I dare to dream such things.
With spring finally here
I dream rhubarb sauce
Early asparagus.
This morning the robins and rabbits,
One squirrel
Vied for the front walk.
They even held their places
When I came out the front door
Into the sun.
Last night the house was held
By Venus and Jupiter,
They held  hands over the house,
Orion four feet over.
Spring lines things up
By night and day.
Everything holds, yet shares
Common space.
I dare to dream the house overtaken
With clematis.
Rhubarb sauce
Early asparagus.
Wildlife covers the sidewalk;
Stars hold the house
In place
In spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment