Wednesday, April 11, 2012

All is not risen

Perhaps it is because I am ever hopeful, but it seems to me that Easter might show itself stronger three or four days into the Easter season.  I forget that hardly anyone was there at the Resurrection, hardly anyone noticed.  Jesus had to tap folk on the shoulder, break bread, barbecue fish.  He was hardly a savior who came to be with the folk who got it.  

We are well into Easter now
Still
It*s not as if
All is risen.
Lent hangs on
Around the edges.
Jesus does not explode
Out of the tomb,
Take out the naysayers,
A neutron bomb
Of a Savior
Who leaves church buildings
Intact
To be inhabited
Only by Easter people
Full Easter people
Impervious
To the neutron bomb.
I would like for everything,
Everyone
To rise at once.
Still
All is not risen.
It seems Easter
Needs to work its way through
Bit by bit.
I would like everything,
Everyone,
To rise at once.
It seems it needs to be
In pieces,
One small piece
At a time.
I would like
Everything
Everyone to rise
At once.

No comments:

Post a Comment