Thursday, April 26, 2012

Breathing

I had one of those afternoons.  I thought I could work in getting my plugged ears taken care of at the doctor.  I was sure I gave it plenty of time before I had to drive my daughter to caddie training.  No.  I found myself lying flat, head turned, hydrogen peroxide bubbling loudly in ear number two, oh, about the time I was supposed to leave to pick her up.  Not a good picture.  It would be easy to blame it on the doctor seeing me way past the time I was scheduled.  No, again.  She got another ride.  All is not lost, but I still screwed up.  I am sitting in my chair breathing in and out, and getting my brain and heart back into working order.

Sometimes we screw up,
Pure and simple,
Make a mess.
When we forget
To take that deep breath,
Look at the chaos
We created ,
Or at the very least,
The chaos
We helped create,
The lack of oxygen
Makes it worse.
When we forget to breathe,
Our brain doesn*t think straight;
Our heart has to work
So much harder
To do
What it naturally does
When we simply
Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in

Breathe out.

Sometimes we mess up
Pure and simple.
And
Most of that time
It*s not life and death
At stake.
Most of the time
We have the time
To breathe in
Breathe out
When we remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment