Thursday, April 12, 2012

Considering the ordering of things

Sometimes it is important to consider all that is already in front of us, instead of adding things to the pile.  It is important to have good staging for this exercise.

This morning
I will unearth the vases
From the sideboard.
I will bring greening branches
Indoors
As reminder
That everything still goes on.
Everything grows.
Green branches will provide
The backdrop
The staging
For things to come.
This morning it*s time
To sit with the data
In front of me,
Not worry about
New stuff,
Simply consider
The old,
The way it all fits together.
For now it is enough.
After all is considered,
There is nothing new
Anyway.
All of it
Has been here
Forever.
This morning
I will clean and sort things
Into new piles.
I will make new order.
Green branches will provide
The backdrop.
The columbine by the window
Has one purple beginning.
I saw the hummingbird there
Last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment