Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Introvert hell

Today I attend a workshop for mental health and ministry.  There will be two groups of people present.  I, of course, am both.  This is supposed to be right up my alley.  I will carry my business cards.  I will wander.  I will not stand in a corner.  I will wander.  Swim or fly.  Fly or swim. 

Today brings
Another mostly new
Group of people.
Again I will be
Neither fish nor fowl.
If I were an extrovert
I would see this as an exciting opportunity
To claim my fish-ness
And fowl-ness
Together,
Swim through the water,
Join a school;
Fly through the air
Join one wing
Of the vee,
Perhaps even take my turn
As lead goose.
Today I carry my business cards
And do reconnaissance,
Swim or fly
Alternately.
It all depends,
Of course,
It all depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment