Saturday, April 21, 2012

Life on the water

It has been a full week.  Lots of people, lots on new encounters, lots of energy required.  This morning we all slept in.  I am the first one awake.  I sit here with my coffee, warm in my hands.  I am thinking about water and porches, listening to the birds, considering life on the water.

Last night there was water
In all my dreams.
Last night I flew
To Peru.
We lived on a cruise ship,
My family and I,
In the harbor.
Last night we toured a house
In the Midwest.
It overlooked Main Street
On one side,
A river
On the other,
A contemporary house.
The doors off the hall on the second floor
Matched.
Each had a door knob
In the middle of the door.
All the rooms on the river
Had tall wide windows.
There were porches outside,
Porches that would hold
The porch furniture of my dreams.
I knew there
We would sit and drink iced tea with lemon,
Watch the river flow.
Perhaps a bird.
I woke up
Calmer than I have been
In weeks.
Last night I dreamed
Life on the water.
I can still see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment