Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No win

Years ago I worked for an insurance agency. One of my jobs was taking pictures for renewal farm policies.  Often the farm buildings were not in the best shape.  I was instructed by my boss to take the best picture possible.  Sometimes that meant getting down in the mud and muck to get the best angle on a farm building in poor repair.  When my family and I drive through Wisconsin to Minnesota, we look for the best angle on all the farm buildings we pass.  I find I am always looking for the best angle on most things I encounter.  It seems a good place to start building.

I had a client who called to cancel
Her appointment.
She used the broken car excuse,
Not unlike
The dog ate my homework.
When I offered to my supervisor
That at least she called,
My supervisor said
Oh yeah
That*s right
You*re strengths-based.
We both laughed.

It is too easy
To write the script
So no one wins,
Everyone loses.
On cold grey days
When it is all too easy
To focus on the negative,
I have to remind myself to find
The one wall standing
And build from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment