Thursday, April 5, 2012

Possibility everywhere

I realize I have been trained to more fully experience Holy Week.  28 years walking through Holy Week as a priest has affected me long-term, whether I am in charge of Holy Week liturgies, or not.  

This is the week
My senses
Kick it up a notch.
If there are any connections
To be made,
I make them.
I know the redbuds are connected
Underground
With all redbuds
Everywhere.
Perhaps it is dangerous for me to begin
Something new now.
It will naturally connect
With everything else.
Soon I will be overwhelmed
With possibility.
This is the week
Of possibility.
Everything is connected
Underground,
Even above ground,
In the air.
I smell the lilacs on the breeze.
I feel the ground beneath my sneakers.
It moves in connection
With all things.
Everything matters.
There is possibility everywhere.
Even before death,
Resurrection
Is immanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment