Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Book, continued

As I read this book, it reminds me of things I already know.  There is healing and health to be found.  I pursue it for myself, for my parishioners, for my clients.  I prepare a discussion for adult education tomorrow on how God comes to each of us in our own particular way.  Of course it will not be like other adult forums at church, because it will involve all of us present.  It is completely unpredictable: who will be there, what will be said, even what part of my notes will be presented.  I am glad for this.  And a little scared.  Still... there is a theme.

Now that it has leaped
Off the shelf,
I know the people.
She tells their stories,
And hers,
And mine.
They all walk through my dreams,
Sit in my office,
Invite me for coffee
With cream.
I read snippets to my husband.
I sense a theme,
He says.
Of course he does.
There is a theme:
Healing and health underlies
Everything.
When we lay our expectations
In the sun,
When we find what is actually present,
When we locate that perfect archetypal rose
At the core of our being,
We find health.
Sometimes it takes years.
We have to look.
I sense a theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment