Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fan mail from some flounder?

It is often curious to me what arrives in my in-box, or in the blog stats, and from whom.  Just as there are people I feel called to pay attention to, it seems there are people who are called to pay attention to me.  It always comes as a surprise.

On occasion something appears
In my in-box
From someone whose name
I do not know.
I am reminded
Of Rocky and Bullwinkle:
Fan mail from some flounder?
While I believe
Beyond any doubt
There are people
I am called to notice
Out loud,
I regularly forget there are people
Who are called
To notice me.
It is always a surprise.
For some reason Rocket J. Squirrel
And Bullwinkle the Moose
Appear from my childhood,
The bottle with a message inside
Pops up
Onto the ocean surface.
One or the other,
Moose or Squirrel,
I forget which one,
(Maybe it*s the announcer)
Says
Fan mail from some flounder?
I see the bottles bob
On the ocean waves,
Cartoon-style,
Waiting to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment