Wednesday, May 2, 2012

License plate numbers

I grew up in Minnesota.  I learned early on that any appearance of self-importance was to be avoided.  OK, I know this was the state that had Jesse Ventura as governor for a time.  But still, there is a reason why Prairie Home Companion tickles me.  I recognize all the people.  Even the Norwegian bachelor farmers.  It simply figures that no one would claim license plate number 1 or 2.

In our state of Illinois,
Low license plate numbers
Are prized.
My daughter just finished her caddie training
At the Medinah Country Club.
She saw number 4
Drive by.
We tried to find out
Who it was.
There is no listing online.
We did find that some states
Don*t care about numbers.

In my home state of Minnesota
They can ask for particular numbers.
The Governor,
For example,
Is not automatically
Number 1
Like Illinois.
In Minnesota
No one has asked
For 1 or 2
On his or her license plate.
Three is as low as it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment