Monday, May 7, 2012

Re-wind

Yesterday we unwound a ball of yarn and passed it around as the sermon.  We talked about messy vines (indeed it got tangled up), and each person held it differently.  At the end we didn*t have a plan for getting it all back together.  As the Table was being prepared for Communion, one woman began winding it all back up again.  We waited until she was done, and then we continued.  I never would have planned it that way.  Today I am re-winding, so I can continue with the next thing.

Today the clients arrive back to back.
This morning early I gather myself back together,
Like the woman who re-wound the ball of yarn
Before Communion yesterday
She walked among the women
Winding,
Carefully wound it back to wholeness,
Placed it on the altar
With the bread and wine
In full sight of the gathered women.
I never could have planned
Such a metaphor.
This morning I pull it all
Back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment