Friday, June 22, 2012

Equilibrium

I am working my way back into normalcy, whatever that is.  I have a gradual plan for the next week, by the end of which I aim to be re-calibrated.  Of course I*ll have to see how that goes.  My sweetie is helping me by pushing me a bit and holding me back a bit.  I, for once, am listening to him.  Meanwhile, regular life continues.  Once again I am on a hiatus from driving.  I*ve been here before.

I am not alone
In seeking equilibrium.
Today I practiced
On the new balance beam,
Monitored where I began to notice
The tipping point.
It is different this week
From last week
Or even
The week before that.
Equilibrium
May even be
An illusion,
A balancing act I pretend to practice
On the floor.
Really I am always
At least sixty feet
Off the ground.
My toes grip the edge.
On the new balance beam
Equilibrium awaits
Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment