Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fish

When my now-25 year old son was little he had a series of small board books which told Bible stories in six pages.  There was one which was about the disciples fishing, and Jesus telling them to throw the net out the other side of the boat.   I remember page one:  Jesus* friends went fishing.  Page two said: No fish.  Sitting in the doctor*s office, I remembered the board book.  I know: quirky.  But there it is.

My urologist*s office
Is decorated in tropical fish.
There is even a fish tank (not tropical)
In the waiting room.
Fish
Everywhere.
I wonder if all that water
Helps the patients
Urinate
On demand.
There was even an ocean pier
In the examining room.
More water.
I am now in the
Every six month appointment period.
I got my first FISH test
Three days ago.
It was sent to California,
With results to return home
Next week.
The reason I went to the doctor
In the first place
Is gone.
When I asked Why the FISH?
He told me it was standard protocol
But he found it
Of little use.
I*m a bit of a maverick,
He said.
No FISH.
I replied.
So he crossed it out
On the test order.

No comments:

Post a Comment