Friday, June 15, 2012

Hands open

I have two new meetings today, new situations, new possibilities.  I have (mostly) stopped waiting for the ideal situation to land in my lap or someone to rescue me from all this.  No, these are not job interviews.  And all this is a wonderful adventure (and this is not Pollyanna speaking).  So I drink my coffee and prepare for meeting number one.  I do not have a leadership role here.  I am a volunteer, and will know hardly anyone.  Hands open to see what comes.

Today
I will hold my hands in my lap,
Open to the ceiling,
And the sky above it,
The sun and moon and stars
Beyond that.
Today
I will hold my hands open
Palms up.
I will see what lands there,
What sifts through
My fingers
To the floor,
The earth beneath,
Fertilizing the ground
Under my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment