Monday, July 9, 2012

Different things

I am sitting at my volunteer counseling place.  Client number 1 cancelled.  I wait for client number 2.  I was driven here by my beloved.  I will walk the streets of Wheaton and Glen Ellyn when I am done here, probably my clients will be among those with whom I walk.  Still learning as I go.

Once again
I pay attention
To different things.
I walk,
See the people who walk
With me.
I discover
Renewed vision,
Realize the blur
Of fluorescent lights.
I notice the comfort
Of indirect daylight.
I take things
In stages,
Read accounts of those
Whose challenges
Are so much more
Than mine,
Those who walk
All the time,
Those who see
The corners of things,
Have to extrapolate
The rest.

Once again I see
Different things.
They remind me of things
I did not learn as fully
Before.

No comments:

Post a Comment