Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Knitting redux

I chanced upon the women*s sewing/knitting group this morning at church.  Not being on my own driving schedule, I arrived way before any appointments.  So... I had the chance to talk and realize once again how such groups can offer the space where so much more than handcrafts dwell.  It brought me back to the knitting women at my former parish, and the way they knit their way through life and death and everything in between.  It happens here as well.  Who knew?

I had no idea
There was so much more to learn.
There is so much more,
Therefore
There will be
So much more.
It simply
Stands to reason.
It even stands
Beyond anything
That passes
For reason.
I attend the women*s sewing group.
There is so much more
Than sewing
Or knitting
That happens here.
I remember the knitting women
From before.
They knit their way
Through life and death,
And everything
In between.
I had no idea
Or perhaps
I simply forgot
There is so much more to learn
Here
As well.

No comments:

Post a Comment