Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mondays are a learning curve

Mondays are my volunteer days at the Clinic.  I am there from 9 to 5:30.  At the Clinic I learn a whole new way of keeping charts and treatment plans.  I learn new clients.  Here there are different rules, different settings for different rules.  Here I have to fill out progress notes which say that we worked on Goal number one, objective number one.  Mondays are a learning curve.  In comparison, the rest of the week is a water slide.

Mondays are a learning curve.
I don*t know who will come,
Who will cancel
Because of a possibly phantom
Earache.
I learn treatment plans,
Updates to treatment plans,
Progress notes with a newly-acquired
Provider number.
I am now a number;
My work can be entered
Into the system.
Mondays are still
A learning curve.
Every Monday
I find myself in the neon-lit office
Of the old motel
Next to the car wash.
By the end of most sessions
I come up with
Directly applicable
Homework.
Yet Mondays are still
A learning curve.
The rest of the week
Is a waterslide
From there.

No comments:

Post a Comment