Monday, August 6, 2012

Change

My Monday volunteer placement is in the midst of change.  I am only here one day a week.  The change over a week*s time is noticeable.  I watch the various people and pieces make their way into the shift.  Client #1 today noted the change, even though I could not see anything externally.  Change, I think, is always in the air. Sometimes it feels good.

Change is in the air.
It eddies and whirls,
A new wind pattern
Every time the door opens
And shuts;
Every time someone new
Walks in
Or leaves.
Change is in the air.
Change is inevitable.
I sit at lunch and hear others say
Change is good.
I sit with clients
They would like everyone else
To change
So their personal script
Stays the same,
So everyone who comes
And goes
Eddies and whirls
Around them.
I admit this appeals.
Change is in the air.
It is constant.
Sometimes I even experience it
As good.

No comments:

Post a Comment