Thursday, August 2, 2012

Letter police

Now I am listed on an official therapy website.  Ironic that it is the community college certificate which enables me to do this.  I use the LPC in my volunteer work, but not out of my office at church.  I have an official supervisor at the volunteer site, but the person who was my supervisor is now someone with whom I consult.  I am not marketing myself as a licensed anything.  I do counseling and spiritual direction and consultation.  For those who don*t understand the Sardines reference: it is a game in which the goal is for everyone to find the person hiding and cram into one location.  The game ends... when everyone is found.

Now I am safely listed.
The letter police cannot find me
Anywhere.
I have a supervisor
For my volunteer work
And
A consultant
For everything else.
Everything I do
Counts as something.
It always did anyway.
Now I use particular letters
In particular places.
I re-learn
The lay of the land,
The boundaries and borders,
The places the grass grows
And where it lies
Fallow.
This is a different game
Of trick or treat,
Or maybe
Hide and Seek.
I*d much rather play
Sardines.

No comments:

Post a Comment