Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The rest of the palm trees

I was afraid they had pitched the rest of the VBS palm trees in the dumpster.  No.  Now they are living in the church attic.  They await the next occasion.  I don*t know when the one in my office will be moved home.  It actually looks good next to my office window.  I can almost imagine living and practicing in the Tropics...

The palm tree
Hasn*t made it home yet.
It looks so nice in the corner
Of my small office
Next to the window;
Almost like it was made
To be there.
My office now has
A tropical air,
Aided by the tree:
Burlap bottom,
Scrunched paper bag trunk,
Kelly green felt
Palm fronds.
I understand
Its brother and sister trees
Now live in the church attic.
They wait for Palm Sunday
Next year,
Or perhaps
Another tropical occasions.
I am glad
They all
Were saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment