Saturday, October 27, 2012

Empty place


Such things take practice.  Moving on to the next thing. I take what I have learned with me.  I have done this before.  Most likely I will do it again.   It is tempting to blame others for my having to move on.  In my best moments I know it is gift.  I have been here before.  I will be here again.

It is time to move on.
I take a step.
I do not know where to go
Except to step
To an empty place,
Survey the landscape,
Figure out whether it is tundra
Or sand,
Whether I need to put on my water wings,
Swim or dive,
Perhaps fly
To what is next.
When I mention moving
It puts the fear of God
In those I love.
I have been here before.
It has always
Put the fear of God
In those I love.
I cannot describe
The empty place
In any satisfying way.
I have been here before.
I will be here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment