Friday, October 26, 2012

WWJD


Today is one of those days.  What would Jesus do?  I have little idea.  Today seems to be a day to sift and sort and possibly walk to the library.  The house is still in disarray.  Kicking over tables, one of the few examples we have of external anger on Jesus* part, does not seem like a productive option.  What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do?
All too often
I have no idea.
Most times
I come at the question
From the negative.
Would Jesus do this?
Or this?
Or this?
I come at the question
From a string of answers:
Not this,
Nor this.
No,
Not even this.
If Jesus was really pissed
Would he be entitled
To a temper tantrum?
Was kicking over that table
Of moneychangers
In the temple
An example
I might be justified
To copy?
Which piece of the Man
Is justified
Today?
Do I look for tables
To kick over?
Do I walk away,
Away,
And away.
Stay home
And tend to the cat.
Pray for the client
Who didn*t show
Last night
In the rain.
Wonder at the conversations
I had
Instead of the scheduled ones.
What would Jesus do?
What did Jesus do?
What will Jesus do?

No comments:

Post a Comment