Friday, December 28, 2012

Listening outside the mirrored door

I am reading Seven Thousand Ways to Listen by Mark Nepo.  No, there are not seven thousand chapters.  Today I am on to Listening to all that is not said.  This is a very verbal family.  Very verbal.  I will have to work hard to find the spaces to hear around the words.  Then again, maybe not.  There are always unsaid things.


I listen from my corner
Of the bedroom.
The mirrored door is angled
So I can see anyone
In the hallway,
But they
Can*t see me.
This
Is a perfect arrangement.
I may as well
Be on the moon
But the moon
Wouldn*t let me listen.
I understand the sound
Would be lost
In outer space.
I read a book on listening
Small snippets
With questions at the end
Of every short chapter,
Questions which suggest
Ways to meditate.
Instead I apply each chapter
To what I hear
Outside the mirrored door

No comments:

Post a Comment